Living in the Tao: Guide to Self Discovery
Taoist techniques that can quiet your mind so you can discover your true self in the wisdom of the heart
• Teaches that the Tao is the flow of nature, the effortless middle path of self-discovery
• Shows how to quiet the monkey mind (the ego) and listen within for your inner voice
• Fosters a connection to the Tao through diet, exercise, livelihood, and sexuality
Taoists say that we must learn to observe with the mind and think with the heart. In the West we get caught up in the “monkey mind” of our ego. We think we can control our individual destinies by swimming upstream against the current, but we are mistaken. When we learn to quiet the monkey mind with meditation practices, we are able to go beyond the linear thinking of the upper brain and connect to the multidimensional thinking of supreme consciousness in the heart center.
In Living in the Tao, Master Mantak Chia and William Wei present techniques to help us learn to move beyond the limits of time and space to connect with the universal truth within–without striving. Living in the Tao is effortless. Just as a small seed grows into a mighty tree with a little water and a little sunshine every day, a few minutes of Taoist practice each day can transform your life into one of peace and joy.
- ASIN : B004J4WMKY
- Publisher : Destiny Books; Illustrated edition (October 13, 2009)
- Publication date : October 13, 2009
- Language : English
- File size : 10533 KB
- Print length : 420 pages